- Australia’s former prime minister Scott Morrison defends secretly taking extra powersby The Associated Press on August 16, 2022 at 7:30 am
The former prime minister defended his actions, saying they were a safeguard during the coronavirus pandemic and that he would have made the appointments public had he needed to use the powers.
- A U.S. Marine’s View From Kabul’s Airport As the City Fell to the Taliban : Consider This from NPRby NPR on August 15, 2022 at 9:03 pm
One year ago, on August 15, 2021, the Taliban swept into power in Kabul. It’s a day that many remember, as videos and images showed a chaotic scene at the Kabul airport, with thousands of Afghans desperately trying to flee the country. Lt. Col. Chris Richardella was one of the officers leading the U.S. Marine Corps at the airport when the Taliban took over. In a conversation with NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly, he recounts what followed.In participating regions, you’ll also hear a local news segment to help you make sense of what’s going on in your community.Email us at email@example.com.
- Afghans in a battle-scarred valley welcomed Taliban rule, but expect moreby Steve Inskeep,Taylor Haney,Fazelminallah Qazizai,Arezou Rezvani on August 15, 2022 at 7:28 pm
In rural Wardak province, some Afghans celebrated the return of the Taliban. One year later, here’s what they want from the new government.
- A year on, the Taliban savor victory, while other Afghans pay the priceby Diaa Hadid,Fazelminallah Qazizai on August 15, 2022 at 9:00 am
For the first time in decades, Afghans are living in relative peace. But with sanctions on the Taliban, the economy is in shambles and hunger is widespread. Girls are still out of school.
- For Biden, the chaotic withdrawal from Kabul was a turning point in his presidencyby Franco Ordoñez on August 15, 2022 at 9:00 am
President Biden was elected on a promise of competency. The bungled exit from Afghanistan undercut that image. His approval ratings took a big hit, and have never recovered.
- China slaps sanctions on 7 ‘diehard separatist’ Taiwan officialsby By RFA Staff on August 16, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Sanctioned politicians and their family members are banned from entering China’s mainland, Hong Kong and Macao.
- North Korea lifts COVID restrictions after ‘maximum emergency’ endsby By Hyemin Son for RFA Korean on August 16, 2022 at 12:29 am
In a speech, Kim Jong Un’s sister blamed South Korea for an outbreak, but North Koreans want an improved economy.
- Skyrocketing rice prices another hardship for Myanmar citizensby By RFA Burmese on August 15, 2022 at 10:43 pm
Armed conflict and a drought in the country’s rice belt region are behind the sharp rise in costs.
- Aung San Suu Kyi sentenced to 6 more years in prisonby By RFA Burmese on August 15, 2022 at 7:32 pm
Critics say the charges are fraudulent and designed to keep her out of the public eye.
- Hong Kong exodus continues as rights groups pinpoint leaders’ overseas propertyby By Cheryl Tung, Jojo Man and Amelia Loi for RFA Cantonese on August 15, 2022 at 4:51 pm
COVID-19 quarantine restrictions and a crackdown on dissent have dealt a blow to the city’s international status.
- EU weighs up Iranian response to ‘final text’ on nuclear dealon August 16, 2022 at 2:16 pm
Officials seek to prevent pact’s total collapse and avert fresh crisis
- Japan activism: Murakami spins persuasive narrative on Jafcoon August 16, 2022 at 12:40 pm
An increased stake in Japan’s biggest venture capital group could eventually lead to a takeover
- Morrison accused of undermining Australian democracy with self-appointmentson August 16, 2022 at 6:34 am
Ex-leader had secretly assigned himself five ministry posts between March 2020 and May 2021
- China property stocks rally on hopes of relief planon August 16, 2022 at 4:49 am
Shares in developers climb after report that Beijing may order support for struggling sector
- Battle over engineering company turns spotlight on Nintendo’s family officeon August 16, 2022 at 4:00 am
Fight over Toyo Construction comes as the $1.5bn fund seeks to tackle global challenges
Latest News Latest News (Press Releases) – Read news before it’s news
- A short movie-making competition to bring to light the issues faced by children of Indiaon August 15, 2022 at 5:22 am
Mumbai/ Chennai, India: On the 75th Independence Day of India, Educo and Anna University have come together with an initiative to encourage art for social cause.
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Pantea Tamjidi, MDon August 12, 2022 at 5:30 pm
Dr. Tamjidi discusses seborrheic keratosis, a common skin growth affecting nearly 83 million Americans
- Finalists Announced for CureAccelerator Live! for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Competitionon August 12, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Cures Within Reach’s Virtual Pitch Event on October 6 Features Four Clinical Repurposing Trials
- Two Athletes Once College Rivals Set to launch New Podcast “College Rivals” in Track & Field Historyon August 11, 2022 at 12:23 pm
A thought-provoking podcast that’s part track & field heated rivalries, part weekly innovative discussion on how we revolutionize the sport into a professional league on par with the NBA, NFL, and F1 Motorsport.
- SPECTRAFORCE® Listed in SIA’s “Largest Staffing Firms in the United States” 2022 Reporton August 10, 2022 at 7:13 pm
SPECTRAFORCE® is proud to announce that on July 29, 2022, it was listed as on SIA’s (Staffing Industry Analysts’) “Largest Staffing Firms in the United States” 2022 Report. “Largest Staffing Firms in the US” is an annual research report created by SIA.
BBC News – World BBC News – World
- Ukraine war: Russia blames sabotage for new Crimea blastson August 16, 2022 at 4:43 pm
An arms depot is hit a week after an apparent Ukrainian attack on another military base in Crimea.
- New Zealand: Human remains found in suitcase bought at auctionon August 16, 2022 at 3:04 pm
A family in New Zealand made the grisly discovery upon unpacking their haul at their home.
- Egypt church fire: Triplets and twins among 15 children killedon August 16, 2022 at 3:01 pm
Details are emerging about some of the 15 children who died in Sunday’s blaze at a Coptic church.
- Turkey-Greece migrants: 38 people found stranded on tiny, unnamed islandon August 16, 2022 at 2:59 pm
The group – including a pregnant woman and seven children – have been stuck since mid-July.
- Kenya election 2022: Raila Odinga rejects William Ruto’s victoryon August 16, 2022 at 2:36 pm
Raila Odinga, who came second in the presidential election, says the process was a travesty.