- ‘Oppenheimer’ will screen in Japan in 2024, distributors sayby Anthony Kuhn on December 7, 2023 at 10:00 am
The decision to release the movie profiling the American scientist follows criticism that the film largely ignored the impact of the bombings that killed more than 200,000 people in Japan.
- What North Korea’s shift toward Russia means for its global strategyby Anthony Kuhn on December 7, 2023 at 10:00 am
Since the collapse of nuclear talks between Pyongyang and Washington in 2019, analysts see a major shift in North Korea’s foreign relations. It has turned increasingly to Moscow.
- Can anything stop the toxic smog of New Delhi?by Diaa Hadid,Ilma Hasan on December 6, 2023 at 7:28 pm
It’s, considered the world’s most polluted megacity. The air is so bad that a new report estimates that on average each resident loses 12 years of life. Here’s what they’re doing about it.
- 22 climbers are now confirmed dead in Indonesia volcanic eruptionby The Associated Press on December 5, 2023 at 4:12 pm
Rescuers searching the hazardous slopes of Indonesia’s Mount Marapi volcano found 11 more bodies of climbers who were caught by a surprise weekend eruption. More than 50 climbers were rescued.
- These were NPR.org’s biggest international stories in 2023by John Helton on December 5, 2023 at 10:08 am
Hamas’ attack in Israel and the war that followed and the stalemate in Ukraine were our biggest international stories in 2023, but we also found some wonder around the world.
- Police out in force during Lhasa religious festivalby By Pelbar for RFA Tibetan on December 8, 2023 at 9:42 pm
Devotees were kept from gathering in large numbers and restricted from visiting temples.
- Last handshake in Beijingon December 8, 2023 at 9:05 pm
Henry Kissinger, who died on Nov. 29 after decades as a foreign policy adviser and consultant, was highly regarded in Beijing for his key role in the early 1970s U.S. diplomatic opening with China. He was “a world-renowned strategist and a good old friend of the Chinese people,” said Chinese leader Xi Jinping, who met with the famous diplomat in Beijing in mid-2023, weeks after Kissinger’s 100th birthday.
- Australia refuses visas to soccer club owned by Myanmar junta cronyby By RFA Burmese on December 8, 2023 at 9:01 pm
Shan United owner Khun Naung Myint’s firm partners with a military-owned entity.
- US sanctions Chinese officials over Uyghur abuseby By RFA Uyghur and Jim Snyder for RFA on December 8, 2023 at 8:48 pm
Three additional companies are also blocked from exporting goods to the US due to the possible use of forced labor.
- China stagnates as Indonesia, Malaysia slip in climate rankingby By Subel Rai Bhandari on December 8, 2023 at 8:10 pm
The Philippines fares among the best in the global report card at COP28.
- Indian parliament expels firebrand female critic of Modi and Adanion December 8, 2023 at 3:36 pm
Ejection of opposition MP Mahua Moitra follows ethics probe into what she called trumped-up allegations
- Xi warns China’s economic recovery at ‘critical stage’on December 8, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Communist party Politburo promises ‘proactive’ fiscal and ‘effective’ monetary policy to support growth
- Shrinking economy in Japan casts doubt on BoJ rate raise betson December 8, 2023 at 9:46 am
The central bank is confronting headwinds to scrap its policy of holding interest rates below zero
- Indonesia hopes global investors will follow the carmakerson December 8, 2023 at 9:00 am
The south-east Asian country has the potential to develop wealth management offerings if per capita income improves
- Hong Kong’s ‘patriots-only’ election tests China’s vision for territoryon December 8, 2023 at 2:19 am
Authorities hope higher turnout will demonstrate public support for the political order imposed by Xi Jinping
Latest News Latest News (Press Releases) – Read news before it’s news
- Minnesota Football Sophomore Sensation Owen Egge Signs Major NIL Deal With The ROOT Brandson December 8, 2023 at 1:19 am
Today marks a significant milestone in the promising career of Owen Egge, the 16-year-old sophomore wide receiver sensation, as he officially signs a groundbreaking Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) deal with The ROOT Brands, an international health and…
- NOSACONN & Batistes, Nola’s Royal Family Of Music, Celebrate: Jon Batiste “American Symphony”on December 7, 2023 at 11:39 pm
Former First Lady Michelle Obama, Executive Producer of “American Symphony” is slated to attend tonight’s screening in New Orleans.
- #DO7E Creator Dr. Tracey Bond Begins 25-Day #Genius-Quote Parade Countdown to Genius More in 2024on December 7, 2023 at 5:47 am
As this year nears its finishing-close, Dr. Tracey Bond Invites the World to Join the #GeniusManifestOHH™ Musement-Movement, Transforming Genius Lives with a Mindful 25-Day Countdown
- Corcoran Lifestyle Properties Acquires Executive Real Estateon December 6, 2023 at 7:28 pm
Executive Real Estate has been led by industry luminary Keith Nelson since 1994
- CIMdata Announces Support for the PLM Green Global Allianceon December 6, 2023 at 5:06 pm
CIMdata’s Sustainability & Green Energy Practice Director, Mark Reisig, will moderate the Alliance’s coverage of PLM & Green Energy and co-moderate the Alliance’s PLM & Sustainability theme.
BBC News – World BBC News – World
- Ryan O’Neal, Oscar-nominated star of Love Story, dead at 82on December 8, 2023 at 11:21 pm
The heartthrob was also known for his roles in What’s Up, Doc?, Paper Moon and A Bridge Too Far.
- Samuel Paty: Six teenagers convicted for roles in teacher’s beheading in 2020on December 8, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Samuel Paty was killed after showing cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed in a class debate about freedom of expression.
- See ‘beyond rare’ white baby alligator born in USon December 8, 2023 at 10:28 pm
The reptile, measuring 49cm (19.2 inches), is reportedly one of only seven leucistic alligators in the world.
- Hamas claims Israeli operation ended in hostage deathon December 8, 2023 at 10:08 pm
The group releases video it says shows the aftermath of a failed attempt to free a hostage held in Gaza.
- Palestinian recounts being stripped and driven away by Israeli armyon December 8, 2023 at 9:21 pm
The BBC speaks to one of the men seen being detained, who was later released.