One-Stop News Center for the Expat life and travel in Asia
expat For expats & those looking to live abroad! Share your new home, immigration stories, relevant news and support the world community.
- Anyone here located in (or lived in previously) Edinburgh?by /u/RennaGracus on November 27, 2022 at 6:52 pm
My wife’s work has an office in Edinburgh, it seems like she would be able to transfer there somewhat easily. I’m curious if anyone has lived there, what the quality of life is like, and what it would be like for me to find work as a carpenter coming from the US. We have a couple of pets, which I know makes things more complicated, but I think we can manage to get them there if we decide to go. I’m also curious about what it’s like finding housing. From the cursory research I’ve done, it seems like it’s expensive but not even close to London prices. Any insight helps, thanks! submitted by /u/RennaGracus [link] [comments]
- Any barbers that are from the US that moved out of the country?by /u/Ok-Drag-5717 on November 27, 2022 at 5:29 pm
I am a barber currently living in America and want to go over seas. How did you transfer your license, how much did you save, and what was the process? Is there any programs for barbers that pay for you to move to their country? etc. submitted by /u/Ok-Drag-5717 [link] [comments]
- Evaluating job offerby /u/nordictri on November 26, 2022 at 7:59 pm
I’m evaluating a job offer in Norway. Would be relocating from the U.S. I have a question on moving logistics – is it better to pack up everything for immediate moving, or to get in country, find a place to live first, the return to U.S. to pack up what you know will be needed? What is a typical time frame between packing in the U.S. and receiving the shipment in Norway? Thanks for any info – this is a huge goal for me, but I have never moved internationally before. submitted by /u/nordictri [link] [comments]
- “Ease of settling in” index puts Sweden, Austria, Germany, Switzerland at the bottomby /u/meguskus on November 26, 2022 at 3:31 pm
submitted by /u/meguskus [link] [comments]
- Emirati Youth is a high priority for the UAE’s leadership those people will benefit from Nafis program, which enables them to join 75,000 jobs in the private sector in the coming 5 years.by /u/showerZHfood on November 26, 2022 at 9:22 am
submitted by /u/showerZHfood [link] [comments]
International Citizens Group Resources for International Citizens and Expatriates
- Traveling in the Time of COVID: Preparation and Flexibilityby Kamela Dolinova on August 17, 2022 at 8:01 pm
Ready or not, travel is booming again, and people are heading out to destinations in numbers not seen since March 2020. As the world cautiously opens up, it can be hard to know what precautions you should take if you plan to travel, whether domestically or abroad. COVID travel restrictions keep changing, too, and can The post Traveling in the Time of COVID: Preparation and Flexibility appeared first on International Citizens Group.
- 31 Tips for Digital Nomads No One Tells Youby Nicole Gustas on July 8, 2022 at 3:37 pm
You’ve read all the glossy magazine articles and beautiful blog posts about international digital nomad life, and now you’re ready to try it for yourself! But there are a lot of things those articles don’t tell you about what to expect. We talked to experienced digital nomads to find out what they would recommend to The post 31 Tips for Digital Nomads No One Tells You appeared first on International Citizens Group.
- How to Avoid & Overcome Trailing Spouse Syndromeby Kamela Dolinova on June 15, 2022 at 12:21 pm
Even though going to live in a new country is exciting, expat depression can become an issue for anyone living in a new place. That includes family members of expats and in particular, spouses. If you’re living abroad with your spouse, use these tips to help them understand, overcome and avoid feelings of depression or The post How to Avoid & Overcome Trailing Spouse Syndrome appeared first on International Citizens Group.
- How to Find Connections & Make Friends While Abroadby Sara Kettler on June 10, 2022 at 12:37 pm
How to Make Friends While Abroad Are you heading overseas to begin a new life as a digital nomad? Or have you already landed, and now you’re trying to establish yourself as an expat overseas? Among your packing and preparations, you likely researched visas and the climate of your destination country. But you may not The post How to Find Connections & Make Friends While Abroad appeared first on International Citizens Group.
- How to Maintain Sleep Hygiene While Living Abroadby Maddy Hay on May 18, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Moving to a new country comes with many changes both anticipated and unanticipated. Some of those changes can have an impact on your sleep hygiene. Your sleep hygiene refers to the behaviors and environmental factors that affect the health and quality of your sleep patterns. You might experience a time change, new work or social The post How to Maintain Sleep Hygiene While Living Abroad appeared first on International Citizens Group.
- My Biggest Fear Is….by Richelle on November 5, 2021 at 11:36 am
When people ask me why I moved abroad right after college, I’d always tell them that my biggest fear was waking up at 80 years old realizing that my life was almost over and I had never really done anything I wanted to do. The post My Biggest Fear Is…. appeared first on Adventures Around Asia.
- The Freedom Life: November + December 2020by Richelle on January 21, 2021 at 5:59 pm
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. What I Was Up to in November and December So… it’s been a little while. Yes, I’m publishing this mid-way through January, and yes, I’m combining November and December, because these last 2.5 months have been CRAZY. From getting extremely sick to the point The post The Freedom Life: November + December 2020 appeared first on Adventures Around Asia.
- FINALLY Learning Travel Hacking (With the Global Career: Travel Hacking Masterclass)by Richelle on December 18, 2020 at 1:45 pm
I’ll be honest… Travel hacking was something I always felt like I should be doing, but I was completely intimidated by the entire process. Booking flights with points and miles, hotel and airline status reward programs, having multiple credit cards with different bonuses… Where do I even start??! The post FINALLY Learning Travel Hacking (With the Global Career: Travel Hacking Masterclass) appeared first on Adventures Around Asia.
- 30 Perfect Gifts for Travelers (Who Can’t Travel Right Now) in 2020by Richelle on November 11, 2020 at 6:18 am
Travelers can be some of the hardest people to shop for. How do you buy gifts for people who prioritize experiences over “things”? A few Christmases ago, I made the mistake of saying I wanted some candles for my apartment in China, and I ended up with no less than 8 candles as gifts. Trust me, trying to make weight with a bunch of perfumed glass bricks in my bag wasn’t easy. Whoopsies! The post 30 Perfect Gifts for Travelers (Who Can’t Travel Right Now) in 2020 appeared first on Adventures Around Asia.
- The Freedom Life: October 2020by Richelle on November 4, 2020 at 2:47 pm
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. What I Was Up to This Month This October, Chris and I took a little trip to Merisi for our one-year wedding anniversary! Shortly after, we moved to a new apartment and signed a year-long lease!! While things have been going great here in The post The Freedom Life: October 2020 appeared first on Adventures Around Asia.