- ‘Sparks’ author Ian Johnson on Chinese ‘challenging the party’s monopoly on history’by John Ruwitch on September 29, 2023 at 7:30 pm
Xi Jinping and China’s ruling Communist Party have displayed a dogged obsession with controlling the historical narrative. But there’s a group of underground historians fighting back.
- Dozens are dead after a blast in Pakistan at a rally celebrating birthday of prophetby The Associated Press on September 29, 2023 at 10:21 am
A powerful bomb exploded near a mosque at a rally celebrating the birthday of Islam’s Prophet Muhammad in Pakistan, killing at least 52 people and injuring dozens more, officials said.
- Marcos says the Philippines will defend its waters against Chinese aggressionby The Associated Press on September 29, 2023 at 8:44 am
The president says he doesn’t want trouble, but says Manila will staunchly defend its waters after its coast guard removed a floating barrier China placed at a disputed shoal in the South China Sea.
- As China censors homegrown feminism, a feminist scholar from Japan is a bestsellerby The Associated Press on September 29, 2023 at 5:38 am
A 75-year-old Japanese feminist scholar who’s not married and does not have children is an unlikely celebrity on China’s tightly censored internet.
- The fall of an enclave in Azerbaijan stuns the Armenian diaspora, shattering a dreamby The Associated Press on September 29, 2023 at 4:36 am
The swift fall of the ethnic Armenian enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh to Azerbaijani troops and exodus of much of its population has stunned the large Armenian diaspora around the world.
- Airstrikes and shelling killed 44 civilians in Myanmar in Septemberby By RFA Burmese on October 2, 2023 at 9:40 am
Another 142 people were injured by aerial attacks and heavy artillery, RFA data show.
- Chinese police harass family of Washington DC student activistby By Jenny Tang for RFA Mandarin on October 1, 2023 at 7:38 pm
US universities need to realize how Beijing is pushing its agenda through student associations, experts say.
- Riding bicycles to get around a motorcycle banon October 1, 2023 at 7:37 pm
The junta’s ban was imposed after a local official was killed by motorbike-riding assailants.
- Zoned out: China-Myanmar Economic Corridor still going nowhereby A commentary by Zachary Abuza on September 30, 2023 at 3:02 pm
Min Aung Hlaing hopes big projects will enmesh China in Myanmar, forcing Beijing to underwrite the junta.
- US condemns China for Uyghur scholar’s life sentenceby By Eugene Whong on September 30, 2023 at 2:31 pm
Rahile Dawut was targeted for her work to protect and preserve Uyghur culture, State Department says.
- A subsidy club to restrain rich-world handouts to Chinaon October 2, 2023 at 11:31 am
High-income countries giving out cash that gets spent on imported Chinese cars and solar panels is politically tricky
- Asia faces one of worst economic outlooks in half a century, World Bank warnson October 2, 2023 at 2:06 am
Sluggish post-pandemic recovery, China’s property crisis and US trade policies expected to hinder growth next year
- German manufacturers resist trade tensions in China’s Mittelstand enclaveon October 2, 2023 at 1:00 am
A cluster of companies in a city near Shanghai faces rising competition and slowing Chinese growth
- Overseas real estate buyers identify Japan as an opportunityon October 1, 2023 at 11:01 pm
Once a place to enjoy but leave, the country has now become one for outsiders to plant roots
- Yen tumbles and shares soar as Japan inflation begins to biteon October 1, 2023 at 11:01 pm
Export industries report all-time highs, while households face rising cost of imports
Latest News Latest News (Press Releases) – Read news before it’s news
- Oregon Inventor of Safe Tie-Downs Leverages QVC Successes Reaches Sales Milestoneon September 29, 2023 at 7:55 pm
Innovative, Patented LoopRope® Tie-Down System Safer Than Bungee Cords While Providing Superior Cargo Integrity and Organization Capabilities
- 5GoreConn Ltd, in collaboration with the University of East Anglia, Wins the Innovate UK awardon September 28, 2023 at 11:27 pm
London, UK – 5GoreConn Ltd, a forward-thinking UK-based startup, has been distinguished with the esteemed Innovate UK biocatalyst award in September 2023. This accolade comes in recognition of their pioneering project, ‘AIM4SafeBaby’.
- Dream Foundation Hosts The No Gala Gala to Raise Critical Fundson September 28, 2023 at 2:59 pm
The online No Gala Gala will be held in place of an in-person event and allows everyone to take part in fulfilling final Dreams
- L-Tron to Support Educational Forensics Joint Conference Hosted by the NC, TN, GA IAI Divisionson September 28, 2023 at 2:36 pm
The L-Tron team will be attending the NC, TN, GA IAI Joint Educational Forensics Conference at Harrah’s Cherokee Resort and Conference Center from October 2-5, 2023.
- The HOPE Center Continues its Commitment to Education and Community Well-Beingon September 27, 2023 at 1:26 pm
The Toms River nonprofit serves families in crisis with dignity and compassion, providing for their basic human needs, and striving to empower each person to achieve his or her greatest level of self-sufficiency.
BBC News – World BBC News – World
- Ukraine war: Russia warned EU not weary over war supporton October 2, 2023 at 12:02 pm
Members are meeting in Kyiv in an attempt to show solidarity, after the US failed to approve more aid.
- Tom Hanks warns dental plan ad image is AI fakeon October 2, 2023 at 11:17 am
The actor says he is the latest celebrity to fall victim to a deepfake scam, and has “nothing to do with it”.
- Nobel Prize goes to scientists behind mRNA Covid vaccineson October 2, 2023 at 11:00 am
Katalin Kariko and Drew Weissman developed the technology which led to Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines.
- Egypt fire: Health ministry confirms 38 people injuredon October 2, 2023 at 10:07 am
Twenty four people have been treated for smoke inhalation, along with two being treated for burns.
- Donald Trump expected to attend civil fraud trial openingon October 2, 2023 at 9:37 am
The US ex-president is accused of inflating the value of his property empire by more than $2bn.