- Indonesia’s capital is rapidly sinking into the seaby The Associated Press on January 26, 2022 at 9:27 am
Now the government is leaving, and moving the country’s capital to the island of Borneo.
- Meet Justice Ayesha Malik, Pakistan’s first female Supreme Court judgeby Rachel Treisman on January 25, 2022 at 5:56 pm
Malik was sworn in on Monday, shattering a glass ceiling in a country where only about 17% of judges are women.
- From Kabul to Virginia: An Afghan family is starting over in Americaby H.J. Mai on January 25, 2022 at 10:00 am
In only a matter of days, the lives of an Afghan family changed forever. After the Taliban took control of Kabul, they were forced to start over in a foreign country.
- Afghanistan’s Taliban have started their first talks in Europe since takeoverby The Associated Press on January 24, 2022 at 10:51 am
Taliban representatives will be certain to press their demand that nearly $10 billion frozen by the United States be released as Afghanistan faces a precarious humanitarian situation.
- 90 tons of U.S. military aid arrives in Ukraine as border tensions with Russia riseby Deepa Shivaram on January 22, 2022 at 4:34 pm
The aid, which includes ammunition, is part of a $200 million package that President Biden approved in December and is meant for Ukraine’s front-line defenders should Russia choose to invade.
- Hun Sen Urges Myanmar junta chief to honor ASEAN pledgeon January 26, 2022 at 10:56 pm
But an observer says Cambodia’s prime minister is trying to save face after failed visit.
- 300 Vietnamese workers held in isolation in China-backed power planton January 26, 2022 at 10:36 pm
The policy is a precaution against COVID, but the plant has been rated as a low infection risk.
- Bill to boost US businesses includes new protections for China’s Uyghursby By Alim Seytoff on January 26, 2022 at 10:06 pm
The legislation would create a special coordinator to monitor the minority group’s rights.
- US Navy plans to recover stealth jet that crashed into South China Seaon January 26, 2022 at 6:34 pm
Chinese military observers have been monitoring the accident closely.
- Beijing seals up its Winter Olympics ‘bubble’ amid growing calls for boycottby By Hsia Hsiao-hwa and Carmen Wu on January 26, 2022 at 6:29 pm
Xi Jinping’s pet project will highlight China’s isolation from the rest of the world, a former CCP ideologue says.
- Nomura launches fund to help ‘greying’ companies find young executiveson January 26, 2022 at 11:47 pm
A third of Japan’s SME businesses are controlled by people aged over 60
- Bank of America looks at relocating staff from Hong Kong to Singaporeon January 26, 2022 at 11:40 pm
Review begins to identify workers who can be moved as strict quarantine rules stifle territory’s role as regional hub
- James Murdoch in talks for stake in India’s Viacom18on January 26, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Media investor and former Disney executive Uday Shankar pursue business owned by Reliance Industries and ViacomCBS
- The Lex Newsletter: Nissan seeks EV niche in trickle-charging Japanon January 26, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Country’s low market share and slow adoption rate leaves carmaker playing catch-up
- Asset owners push the pace to reach net zeroon January 26, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Plus, Asian and Middle Eastern economies face steep energy transition costs and cumulative inflows of ESG ETFs soar
Latest News Latest News (Press Releases) – Read news before it’s news
- Rockingham Mutual Group, Inc., Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Possible Class Action Lawsuiton January 25, 2022 at 6:33 pm
The Law Firm of Console & Associates, P.C. Is Investigating a Potential Class Action Lawsuit Following the Major Data Breach at Rockingham Mutual Group, Inc.
- MEDIA ADVISORY: 2021 MBMA Annual Report Available for Building Design and Construction Profession
- D.U.N.E Defender (Drainage Under Natural Environment Defender) Patents Coastal Resiliency Protectionon January 25, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Green Infrastructure System combines Natural Defenses and Man-Made Drainage and Pedestrian Access to protect coastlines, wetlands and riverine environments.
- Gimme Leadership Honored as 2021 “Pros to Know” by Automatic Merchandiser & Vending Market Watchon January 24, 2022 at 9:50 pm
Co-Founder Evan Jarecki and Operations Specialist Lindsay Easter Honored Among Leading Vending Industry Members by National Vending Trade Publication
- BOBE Symposium Slates U.S. Rep.Strickland, St. Sen. Nobles, Myr Woodards & Tech Legend Roy Clay Sron January 23, 2022 at 1:52 pm
U.S. Representative Marilyn Strickland, State Senator T’Wina Nobles, Tacoma Mayor Victoria Woodards & ‘Silicon Valley Godfather’ Roy L. Clay Sr. are slated for Washington State’s Black Owned Business Excellence (BOBE) Third Annual Symposium.
BBC News – World BBC News – World
- Life under the Taliban: Yalda Hakim’s journey back to Afghanistanon January 27, 2022 at 12:01 am
With access to the new Taliban government, Yalda Hakim travels back to Afghanistan to find out what the country is like under their rule.
- US Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retireon January 26, 2022 at 11:56 pm
President Biden would pick a replacement, and he has previously pledged to nominate a black woman.
- Ukraine crisis: US rejects Russian demand to bar Ukraine from Natoon January 26, 2022 at 11:48 pm
The US offers no concessions to Russian demands on resolving the Ukraine crisis.
- Prince Andrew: Lawyers demand US jury trial in Virginia Giuffre caseon January 26, 2022 at 11:11 pm
Lawyers for the Duke of York, who denies allegations of sexual assault, write to a New York judge.
- Elon Musk SpaceX rocket on collision course with moonon January 26, 2022 at 9:00 pm
Astronomers say that a rocket in space since 2015 is hurtling towards the moon where it will explode.